By PutoPinoy on Thursday, June 14, 2007 At Thursday, June 14, 2007
A sweetened grated coconut, a famous delicacy with a slight variation.
- 2 pcs. coconuts, meat grated
- pandan leaves
- 1 kg. brown sugar
- 2 tbsps. vanilla extract
- buco juice
- all-purpose flour or cornstarch
- Boil together bum juice, sugar and pandan leaves until sugar dissolves completely and mixture thickens.
- Add vanilla extract. Remove pandan leaves.
- Cook grated coconut in a pan with a little oil until it turns slightly brown.
- Add syrup and thicken with a little flour or cornstarch diluted in water.
- Keep stirring so that syrup coats the grated coconut completely, mixture thickens and bukayo gets cooked completely.
- When cooked, transfer bukayo to a bowl.
- Form into small balls while hot.
- Use plastic wrap or wax paper to cushion your hands from the hot mixture.