By PutoPinoy on Sunday, March 09, 2008 At Sunday, March 09, 2008
- 1 kg orange camote
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups water ( to use for boiling camote )
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 10 tbsp corn starch
- Peel and boil the camote for 50 minutes in full heat.
- When cooked, remove from casserole. Do not throw the water used for boiling.
- Separate ¼ kg of the boiled camote then slice into cubes. Return the sliced camote cubes into the casserole, stirring slowly.
- Pour the sugar, raisins and corn kernels. Continue stirring, let it boil for another five minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch with 1 cup of water in a bowl. Slowly pour it to the casserole then stir quickly before it curdles.
- Prepare a flat bottomed container, pour the cooked product into it.
- Decorate with sliced camote on top,let it cool. Serve.